Tuesday, July 11, 2017

All about the socks

I wanted to knit socks, I'd never really knitted before, apart from once with nanny when I made a scarf full of holes that was about a meter long. Nanny had to cast it on and off...I still have it..a terrible thing. Anyway that scarf (if you can call it such) was years ago before I taught myself to crochet. Now I wanted to teach myself to knit socks...and...I did! (with help from you tube and a lovely friend who is an expert knitter). I am now knitting my second pair but that's another story for another post.


I called the socks The Vintage Rose Socks...I think it's right to name your socks if you are going to spend all that time making them....don't get me wrong, it is time well spent....the good times!

I used sock yarn by Nurturing Fibers based in the Western Cape and 2.75mm double pointed needles.


and...my toes look like elf toes!


Yay!


No comments: